Early Intervention & Referral
First Steps’ Early Identification and Referral (EI&R) programs serve families with young children with suspected delays in development and coordinates public awareness for BabyNet services, acting as a local portal to connect families to community-based services they may need or desire to ensure the school readiness of their children.
- Screenings (developmental, vision, hearing) for children ages birth to 5 years with suspected delays in development
- Referrals, based up the screening results, to appropriate community resources. This could include the local BabyNet System Point of Entry Office, the local school district, and/or support services such as speech therapy, physical therapy, and programs in libraries and other community resources.
- Parent information including strategies to monitor growth and development.
Our EI&R program:
- Provides early detection of developmental delays and health issues
- Promotes services and activities that promote child development
- Increases children’s school readiness and school success