South Carolina was the third state in the nation to create a statewide public-private partnership to increase school readiness outcomes for children. South Carolina First Steps to School Readiness was created by law in 1999, as leaders recognized an alarming gap in students’ preparedness for school success. Since inception, Jasper County First Steps has helped young children in our community by offering school readiness services to families designed to:
- Improve children’s health and well-being (pre-natal to age 5);
- Support parents in their goal to serve as their children’s first and best teachers;
- Provide parents with easy access to needed early interventions for children with unique development needs;
- Help parents access quality child care for their young children;
- Promote early education programs and quality pre-kindergarten choices for families;
- Help parents transition their rising kindergarteners into school.
Jasper County First Steps Partnership is responsible for meeting local needs and identifying collaborative opportunities to help our state’s youngest learners. Our local board and staff support local and statewide priorities, programs, and assist our local community in meeting the needs of families in Jasper County.
Our Local Partnership Programs include:
- Parents as Teachers
- Child Care Training
- Imagnination Library
- Countdown to Kindergarten
- Early Intervention & Referral
We support the following state office programs:
Current Job Openings:
We currently have no job opportunities available at this time.